Mathematica | Wolfram
Rilasciata nuova versione 12
La Wolfram Technology offre un ambiente completo per tutte le fasi di Ricerca e Sviluppo.
La punta di diamante della tecnologia Wolfram è Mathematica che dal 1988 è rinomato per essere il miglior software al mondo per ogni tipo di calcolo.
Grazie alla sua flessibilità, consente di sviluppare un progetto partendo dall’idea iniziale per poi esplorarne tutte le soluzioni in modo completo e dinamico, all’interno di un unico ambiente ad alte prestazioni di calcolo e grafiche.
Largamente ammirato sia per le capacità tecniche che per l’elegante semplicità di utilizzo, Mathematica fornisce un unico sistema integrato, continuamente in espansione che copre l’ampiezza e la profondità della computazione tecnica e, con Mathematica Online, è disponibile nel cloud attraverso qualsiasi brower web, così come nativo su tutti i sistemi desktop moderni.
Wolfram ha rilasciato la versione 12 di Mathematica e del Wolfram Language sia in versione desktop che Cloud.
E’ un grande salto in avanti dalla versione 11.3; sono state aggiunte 278 nuove funzioni in circa 103 aree, insieme a migliaia di differenti aggiornamenti in tutto il sistema:
• Major OS integration updates to Mac and Linux notebook interfaces using the 64-bit Cocoa API and Qt 5, respectively, with the Linux interface no longer requiring a supporting X server
• Optimization solvers such as LinearOptimization, QuadraticOptimization, SemidefiniteOptimization, etc. for optimizing convex functions over convex constraints, including vector inequalities such as VectorGreater for modeling vector-valued variables
• Expanded asymptotics functionality, including asymptotic solutions to algebraic and difference equations and asymptotic approximations to sums
• Added support for generating arbitrary constants in Integrate, Sum and Product
• Improved elementary functions support for Integrate, support for large structured systems in Solve and Reduce, DSolve support for nonlinear first-order ODEs and extended coverage and support in FunctionDomain
• Extended numerical PDE-solving capabilities of NDSolve to solve nonlinear PDEs over arbitrary-shaped regions with the finite element method, and automated idealized n-body interactions using NBodySimulation
• Geometric capabilities have been further enhanced with the addition of general polygons with holes and polyhedra primitives, as well as improved support across the board
• New framework to visualize Euclidean geometry and its theorems using GeometricScene and GeometricAssertion
• Access built-in axiomatic theories for use in symbolic proofs with AxiomaticTheory
• Visualize complex-valued data and functions using ComplexListPlot, plot real and imaginary components of a function using ReImPlot and plot the modulus of a complex function of a real variable colored by its argument using AbsArgPlot
• Use Around to describe uncertainty in measured values, with built-in support in visualization functions
• Create, analyze and modify chemical species using the Molecule function, and visualize structures in two and three dimensions with MoleculePlot and MoleculePlot3D
• Represent geodetic vectors with GeoVector, and visualize geodetic vector fields using GeoVectorPlot and GeoStreamPlot
• Generate randomly distributed geo positions in any region using RandomGeoPosition, and analyze distance, area and angular distortion of geo projections using GeoGridUnitDistance, GeoGridUnitArea and GeoGridDirectionDifference
• Updated default appearance for GraphPlot visualizations, as well as new plot themes and updated properties
• Color-processing functions such as FindMatchingColor, ImageRecolor and ColorDetect, all powered by the new ColorsNear wrapper to represent a color neighborhood
• High-level recognition functions such as ImageCases, FacialFeatures, AudioIdentify and SpeechRecognize, and performance enhancements to FindFaces, FeatureSpacePlot, AudioMFCC, etc.
• Performance improvements in audio analysis functions such as AudioIntervals and windowing functions such as HannWindow, and a new AudioAnnotate framework for annotating audio objects
• Multi-language support for SpeechSynthesize, as well as improved discovery and searching of available voices through VoiceStyleData
• ShortTimeFourier for computing and storing properties of short-time Fourier transforms, and InverseSpectrogram for approximating a signal from a magnitude spectrogram
• The neural network framework has been enhanced with additional pre-trained models, new layers, new encoders and decoders, multi-GPU support and automatic early stopping of training to prevent overfitting
• ClassifierMeasurements can now handle uncertainties and multi-class averaging, and the "NeuralNetwork" method for Classify has been vastly improved using a self-normalizing net
• Learn a generalized probability distribution from arbitrary data using LearnDistribution, replace missing values in data by generated values using SynthesizeMissingValues and find anomalous examples in data using FindAnomalies
• Interact with relational databases symbolically using RelationalDatabase, integrating out-of-core and in-memory techniques to access terabyte-scale data and automatically generating SQL code for popular databases
• Query remote or in-memory RDF graph databases using SPARQL queries, and import/export RDF data from a variety of RDF formats
• Support for "on-the-fly" properties, filtering and sorting, aggregation, combining types and sampling of classes in the entity framework
• Expanded and enhanced data for built-in entities across all domains, including geographic, cultural and historic, life science and medical, financial, astronomical, earth science, transportation, engineering, linguistic and mathematical
• Efficient partial import and other improvements in scientific formats such as "FITS" and "HDF5", as well as tabular formats such as "CSV" and "XLS"
• NumericArray for creating the most compact representation of a numeric array
• Pass arguments to functions in any order or bracket structure with Curry, or map vector functions onto sublists of elements with SubsetMap
• Information has been greatly extended and modernized to provide information on different object types
• Initial version of Wolfram Compiler for translating portions of Wolfram Language code into optimized native machine code
• Improvements to the external evaluation framework, including core performance enhancements, ExternalFunction to directly call external code and WebExecute to control web browsers
• Create, sign and deploy custom blockchain transactions and interact with computational contracts using BlockchainTransaction, BlockchainTransactionSign, BlockchainTransactionSubmit and BlockchainContractValue
• New Microcontroller Kit for automating the generation and deployment of code to microcontrollers
• Bidirectional interface to the Unity game engine
• Share notebooks to the Wolfram Cloud or via email without leaving the front end
• Create, store and instantly access functions through the public Wolfram Function Repository and the ResourceFunction system
Per i dettagli delle caratteristiche della nuova versione leggi il post sul Blog di Stephen Wolfram...